New england car dealer EXCEEDS $204,695 in donations to local schools
Berlin City Auto Group and its Drive for Education Foundation Award Nineteen New England Schools
PORTLAND, Maine – May 9, 2011 – Berlin City Auto Group, a family of dealerships founded in 1980 in New England, and its Drive for Education foundation, a forward-thinking program created by the employees of Berlin City Auto Group, announce the award recipients in its Drive for Education program. Donating $33,050 to 24 K-12 schools spanning across New England, Berlin City Auto Group has exceeded awarding of $204,695 to local schools. Recipient schools will be honored with a check presentation at a Berlin City Auto Group dealership in Maine, Vermont or New Hampshire, May 15, 16 and May 22.
To be considered for the program, a school official had to submit a short essay to Berlin City Auto Group by April 15, 2013 explaining how their school would use a donation of up to $3,500. Berlin City’s Brand Ambassadors, a group of employees that lead the dealerships’ community involvement campaigns, evaluated the needs of each school and selected the winners accordingly.
”We’re thrilled to have be in the position to give out $204,695 in donations to New England schools,” said Yegor Malinovskii, vice president at Berlin City Auto Group. “We believe in giving back to the community and helping our local schools succeed in education.”
Berlin City Auto Group will hold check ceremonies on Wednesday, May 15 in New Hampshire; Thursday, May 16 in Maine; and Wednesday, May 22 in Vermont, honoring the winning schools. Awarded schools include:
- Groveton High School – Groveton, NH
- Berlin High School- Berlin , NH
- Brown School – Berlin, NH
- Edward Fenn Elementary School – Gorham, NH
- Berlin Regional Career and Technical Center- Berlin, NH
- Colebrook Elementary School- Colebrook, NH
- Saco Middle School- Saco, Maine
- Skillin Elementary School- South Portland, Maine
- Gray/New Gloucester High School- Gray, Maine
- Harrison Lyseth Elementary School- Portland, Maine
- Blue Point School- Scarborough, Maine
- Gorham Middle School- Gorham, Maine
- Carrie Ricker Middle School- Litchfield, Maine
- Braintree Elementary School- Randolph, Vermont
- Brown’s River Middle School- Jericho, Vermont
- St. Albans City School- St. Albans, Vermont
- St. Albans Town Education Center- St. Albans, Vermont
- Northern Adirondack Central High School- Ellenburg Depot, New York
- Highgate Elementary School- Highgate Center, Vermont
- Richmond Elementary School- Richmond, Vermont
- Franklin Central School- Franklin, Vermont
- Rick Marcotte Central School- South Burlington, Vermont
- Winooski Middle School- Winooski, Vermont
From each vehicle sold at its six dealerships throughout New England, Berlin City gives a portion of sales to the Drive for Education program. This first of two yearly awards periods, the Drive for Education Foundation has awarded more than $33,000 to New England schools with the first donation of $40,000 made in June of 2011 to twelve recipient schools.
For more information about Berlin City Auto Group’s Drive for Education Foundation, visit: http://www.berlincity.com/driveforeducation.htm
About Berlin City Auto Group
Berlin City Auto Group consists of six dealerships in New England, located in Gorham, N.H., Burlington, Vt. and Portland and S. Portland, Maine. The company sells Toyota, Scion, Lexus, Nissan, Honda, Chevy, GMC, Buick, Ford, Lincoln, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Kia. Berlin City offers a 4-day/200 mile no questions asked return policy and the lowest, most competitive 4-day/200 mile price guarantee, door-to-door delivery service throughout New England and pre-owned protection on Berlin City certified pre-owned vehicles within 60 days or the first 2,000 miles. If it breaks, we’ll fix it. For more information or a list of locations, please visit www.berlincity.com. You can also find Berlin City on Facebook and Twitter.